Friday, May 5, 2017

Carson Valley Trails

 

One way that I can use my research and writing skills in a way that serves the community is to put together the newsletter for the Carson Valley Trails Association. It’s fun, and I learn something with each issue. I’m especially proud of this Spring/Summer edition with its focus on wildflowers and a special Carson Valley Wildflowers insert. I am grateful to a local botanist named Jim Morehouse who generously shared his time and expertise to write an article and create the wildflower guide for our trails. I found him through a quick Google Images search for Carson Valley wildflowers, contacted him via Flickr, and viola!

The lesson here is, never be afraid to reach out. Do a little research, stay focused, and make those contacts. You will be rewarded.

No comments: