Thursday, December 1, 2011

Grand Mosque Light Show

For the UAE's 40th Birthday which is tomorrow December 2nd, there are dozens of special events. The coolest one in our neighborhood is the light show at the Zayed Grand Mosque. We drove by on our way home from a dinner party last night and I had to get Tom to stop so I could try out my new really really cool Fuji X100 camera that specializes in low light. These were taken with no tripod, just me trying to autofocus and click. And I was pretty dang far away. Maybe tonight we will try again, from a closer vantage point.


This is still undiscovered. We were almost alone there.

Tomorrow, we'll join the celebration on the Corniche, ending with fireworks at midnight. It will be big.


1 comment:

Christine Weaver said...

Amazing photos Anne!